Monday, March 13, 2006

the Claude Allen "scandal"

Wouldn't it be great if for once the media would take the time to add a little context to their news coverage? Case in point, the way they've made a mountain out of a molehill in regards to this Claude Allen thing. Have they ever heard the term "overhead" in their ivory towers? The fact is, retailers routinely anticipate losses and build those costs into their pricing model. In short, everything costs a little more to make up for stuff they expect to be stolen. The question we should be asking is "If it's already been paid for by you and me, how can you use the word 'stolen'?".

I don't know all of the facts here, but I think we can all agree that to call what he's accused of doing "theft" is a mighty big stretch. At Christmas, I recieved an extra copy of "The Closing of the American Mind" and took the this (brand new, unopened, unread) copy to Barnes & Noble for store credit. Everything went fine, but as it turns out, my brother actually picked the book up for me at Amazon.com, not B&N. Uh-oh! Isn't that the same "crime" that Claude Allen is accused of?

That sad part is nobody will try to haul me off to jail because unlike Allen I'm not black. Once again we see the true racist colors of the reactionary left. Preaching tolerance with one breath and doing everything they can to trash a guy whose only crime was trying to get a refund the next. Every time you think they've reached rock bottom, they find a way to sink even lower.