Thursday, March 16, 2006

Still Right After All These Years

People who have been reading my stuff for a while now know that I'm not just some blind apologist for the current Administration. I'm pretty sure that I've had my quarrels with George Bush in the past, but I've never put those disagreements in print because I won't criticize my leader while we've got men in the field. I'm a patriot first. We'll have plenty of time to argue amongst ourselves once the war on terror is over.

As my pastor is fond of saying "question your questions and doubt your doubts", but the concept of impassioned restraint and putting your faith first is foreign to the "too clever by a half" squad on the left. The neo-stalinists at FAIR (False And Inaccurate Reporting) have cherry-picked some pre-war quotes to boost the egos of their traitorous brethren :
"Maybe disgraced commentators and politicians alike, like Daschle, Jimmy Carter, Dennis Kucinich, and all those others, will step forward tonight and show the content of their character by simply admitting what we know already: that their wartime predictions were arrogant, they were misguided and they were dead wrong. Maybe, just maybe, these self-anointed critics will learn from their mistakes. But I doubt it. After all, we don't call them 'elitists' for nothing."

(MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, 4/10/03)
I'm scratching my head about exactly what this quote is supposed to prove. These guys were saying that Saddam Hussein doesn't have weapons of mass destruction but he did. That's why we had to take him out. Sorry FAIR, but you're going to have to work harder than that to convince me that the world is better off with Saddam Hussein running the middle East.

Beyond that, let's assume for the sake of argument that some of the liberal talking points turned out to be right, that doesn't prove anything. You don't win points with me by accidentally being right if you make all your decisions based on how much you hate the PResident. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you know who's right the rest of the day? We are.