Monday, March 20, 2006

Colors that sometimes run

For the last few years I've had a bumper sticker on my jeep with a picture of the flag and the slogan "These Colors Don't Run", but after seeing this I had to remove it :



I thought it was the flag of Texas, but it's not. That's the flag of France! I don't know how they got away with copying America and using red, white, and blue, but if they appear on the French flag, those colors do run.

After praying on it, I noticed a way out of this quandry. You see, the french colors aren't "red, white, & blue", they're "blue, white, and red". It's like in chemistry how there are some chemicals that you can mix together and they'll be good for you, but if you mix them a different way they're poison. The colors are the same way. When I see those bold colors waving gently in the wind, I still get a tear in my eye...as long as they're in the right order.



God bless the red, white, and blue.